Laser dentistry is an amazingly effective alternative to the dental drill. Our laser is capable of working on both hard and soft tissues (teeth, gums, and other soft tissue) for dental restoration. For most procedures, there is no need for needles and shots. Please know that large areas of decay cannot be comfortably removed without doing some numbing. The Biolase laser can significantly increase your comfort in the dental chair. Please know that the Biolase laser is not used to remove old silver mercury amalgam fillings or old crowns.
Dental lasers can be used to:
- reduce the discomfort of canker and cold sores.
- expose partially erupted wisdom teeth.
- remove muscle attachments that limit proper movement.
- manage gum tissue during impressions for crowns or other procedures.
- remove overgrown tissues caused by certain medications.
- perform biopsy procedures.
- remove inflamed gum tissues and aid in the treatment of gum disease.
- remove or reshape gum and bone tissues during crown lengthening procedures.
- help treat infections in root canals.
- speed up tooth whitening procedures.
Related Laser Dentistry Articles
Lasers Shine a Light on Dentistry
Lasers have revolutionized medicine and now they’re beginning to blaze a new trail in dentistry. Today, at the dawn of the 21st century there are a variety of dental uses for lasers, from diagnosing cavities and the removal of gum and tooth structure to the treatment of disease… Read Article
Lasers Versus Traditional Cleanings For Treating Gum Disease
Reported advantages of laser treatment over conventional methods include minimal tissue damage and swelling, less bleeding, sterilization of the treatment area, reduced post-treatment discomfort, and high patient acceptance… Read Article
Make an appointment
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.